Wednesday 18 January 2012

When a dress becomes a skirt...

I bought a cute dress about two years ago in New York, whilst visiting a friend but never really got around to use it! My friend in the meantime got married and had the most gorgeous baby ever (this is to give you a little perspective on how long this dress has been sitting in my closet waiting for its debut!). The thing is, although I love its soft fabric and sort of ethnic pattern, it is like a tunic dress and it kinda makes me feel fat like a drum! There, I said it! However, never one to admit I bought something on a whim, I kept telling myself I would eventually wear it. And I did, but not as a dress but as a skirt. Doesn't it look like this dress was meant to be worn as a skirt?

I wore this outfit to catch the plane back to Lisbon after a fab weekend in my beloved London and I was going for a casual chic vibe. And this time I decided to take the mismatch theme all the way, by matching the dress/skirt with a striped tee and leopard flats. Overall, I was quite happy with the result. The dress? Is with the seamstress on its way to become a real skirt ;)






Striped Tee H&M | Skirt/Dress DKNY | Blazer H&M | Flats Tory Burch | Bag See by Chloé | Necklace Pedra Dura (Portuguese Store)

No comments: