Friday 27 January 2012

Rocky Road Bars...

Sundays were made to be spent at home, curled up on the couch watching movie after movie. No more no less than that. And that’s exactly what I did last Sunday, with my perfect partner-in-crime, my mother. We actually managed to watch four romantic comedies and it was exactly what I needed after a lonnngggg work week.

And on days like these you do deserve some treats, and usually I resort to a pint of Häagen-Dazs chocolate midnight cookies or Lindt lindor chocolates. But this time around I was in the mood for something different, and I remembered something I tried on a friend’s birthday rendez-vous: Rocky Road bars. They are such a killer combination of dark chocolate, biscuits and marshmallows, absolutely delicious J

I found this Nigella Lawnson’s recipe and couldn’t be happier with the result. A couple of notes though:
(1) I only used half the amount of butter;
(2) I didn't have any Golden Syrup, so I used Agave Nectar - maybe my Rocky Road bars lacked something that only golden syrup can add but still I was pretty happy with how they turned out;
(3) Again, I didn't have mini marshmallows, just regular ones - so, I cut them into little pieces. Not the easiest task, actually quite frustrating because it sticks to your fingers and to the knife but totally worth the effort :)

*ENJOY*







No comments: